Saturday, December 8, 2018

EGGPLANT AND MOZZARELLA MELT

Eggplant has always been one of my favorite things to eat. My mom used to fry it up for breakfast for my father and I and we would gobble it right up. So when i found this recipe i knew i had to try it. My husband is not a HUGE fan of eggplant but hell try anything, thank goodness.
 We both came to the conclusion that this recipe is pretty eggplant Parmesan on Italian bread but oh so good and very filling. I served this with a side salad and it was perfect. Hope yall enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 large Eggs
Salt and Pepper
3/4 cup dried plain bread crumbs
Cooking spray or olive oil
1 medium eggplant sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
1 loaf (8oz) Italian Bread
2 cups marinara sauce
8 oz cups part skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking pan with cooking spray or cover in olive oil.  Put eggs and salt and pepper (to taste) in a bowl and lightly beat. Pour bread 
crumbs onto a plate. Dip the eggplant in the eggs then cover in the bread crumbs. Place on baking pan. Bake for 15-20 or until  golden and tender. Meanwhile slice the bread and gently press in the centers to create a well. Pour the sauce on the bread then add the eggplant and then cover the eggplant with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for and additional 8-9 min. or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spinach Chicken with Cream Cheese and Mozarella

Heyyyy!!! I've been a busy bee, between work and school I barely have a life and for sure not very much time to cook. I usually try to ...