Thursday, December 27, 2018

Chickpea Tikka Masala

My husband and I both love Indian food. Its full of flavor and most of it is pretty good for you. Tikka Masala is probably my husbands favorite. I love fish tandoori the most. 
 Right now I am trying this whole pescetarian thing for a month or so. I dont want to eat nothing but seafood ALL the time even though I love it. I have found it a little hard to go without meat.  I miss it but i am also enjoying trying new ways to cook food and different foods to replace the meats. 
 I am realizing more and more that I am not a big fan of chickpeas. I never liked hummus, even though most people i know love it, including my husband. However the chickpeas in this Tikka Masala came out awesome. I love the flavors, the spices, the texture, everything about how this dish turned out. I hope yall like it as much as we did. 

ENJOY!!

Ingredients:

2 TBS olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 2-inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
1 TBS Garam Masala
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
1 tsp cornstarch
salt to taste
fresh chopped cilantro

Directions:

Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat.Saute onions with a pinch of salt until translucent, stirring every now and then. Add garlic saute for about a minute, then add ginger and spices. Saute for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add chickpeas and tomatoes, bring to a boil then lower to a simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and let simmer for about 5 more minutes. In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch with 2 TBS of water and then add to the chickpea mixture. Cook for about 5 more minutes or until the sauce has thickened. 

ALL DONE!

serve with rice and top with cilantro. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spinach Chicken with Cream Cheese and Mozarella

Heyyyy!!! I've been a busy bee, between work and school I barely have a life and for sure not very much time to cook. I usually try to ...