Thursday, December 27, 2018

Black Bean & Sweet Potato Taquitos/Flautas

Hi! Today has been quite a good day! I have finally started to try to get back on track with the gym, after not going for a couple of weeks. I absolutely have to try to get back into my routine and keep it. I am going back to visit the states soon and I just know I am going to eat everything i see.
 I've been trying to get my house together again as well. I'm not going to lie I have been a lazy bum the past couple of weeks and let my house go a little, so its time to get it back in shape too.
 So after a great day of working out and deep cleaning I was able to cook dinner for the husband and I. I think he might die soon if I don't start cooking meat again soon btw. I am as well, I'm for sure ready for some meat. 
 Anyways. I decided to make this for dinner tonight. Now some people would call these taquitos some would call them flautas. I personally call them taquitos. To me flautas are about the same but made with flour tortillas. But whatever you would call them they are delicious. Here is the recipe hope yall enoy!

Ingredients:

9 corn tortillas (you can also use flour if you prefer)
1 cup black beans
1 can of corn
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 small-medium sweet potato
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried cilantro
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4-6 ounces of grated cheese (i used habenero cheddar, you can use whatever you like)
1-2 tablespoons enchilada sauce
olive oil spray
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 425. Poke a few holes in your sweet potato with a fork and wrap it in a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 5-10 min or until soft.
While the potato is cooking spray a pan with the olive oil spray and saute the corn, peppers, onions and black beans. Once warm put in a bowl and add the spices and enchilada sauce and mix together.
Remove the sweet potato from the microwave and take off the peeling and mash the potato and add to the mixture. Add salt and pepper

Next wrap 3-4 tortillas at a time in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for about 30 seconds or so until they are soft. Spray them with the oil on one side of the tortilla then on the other side fill with veggies and cheese and then roll the tortilla leaving the seam side downs. Line a baking pan with tin foil and put the taquitos on the the pan seam side down bake for about 15 min and then broil for a few seconds just to get the tortillas a little more crispy.

I topped mine off with lettuce and tomatoes on top, you can also put guacamole, sour cream, or anything else that sounds good to you.

Hope you get to make this plate of yumminess and you enjoy it as much  as the husband and I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spinach Chicken with Cream Cheese and Mozarella

Heyyyy!!! I've been a busy bee, between work and school I barely have a life and for sure not very much time to cook. I usually try to ...