Saturday, December 8, 2018

BEER BRAISED SPICY CHILI

Good Morning/noonish from Germany,
 Its a cool 55 degrees outside. Fall officially started a couple days ago on the 23rd. So happy fall y'all. Here in Germany though it started feeling like fall the first of September. We have been enjoying some nice cool weather. Big change from our last placed we live in california where temps are still in the 100's. 
 Once fall hits and/or it starts cooling down i love to make soups, soups and more soups. I love to bake lots of goodies as well. I usually send those to work with the husband. I decided to to other day it was time for me to make my first chili for the fall.
 I made this wonderful yummy spicy beer braised chili. I made it with our wonderful German beer, Zoigl its soo yummy. You can of course any beer you want but as my husband said when i told him, "I know i used the good beer for this and you think its a waste", Good beer just makes the quality and taste of the chili even better. Anyways I hope yall enjoy this yummy recipe and keep warm in this cooler weather.

Beer Braised Spicy Chili

Ingredients:
2 TBS olive oil
1 onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef or turkey
6 oz beer
15 oz beef broth
6 oz tomato paste
15 oz diced tomatoes, drained
1.5 TBS chilli powder
1 TBS ground cumin
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1 TBS or to taste hot sauce. (if you dont like really spicy id put a little less)
1 15 oz can Kidney Beans

Directions:

In a large pot or dutch oven heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute until onions are opaque and soft. Add Ground beef or turkey and brown for about 3-5 min. Season the meat and onions with steak seasoning or salt and pepper. Add beer and let reduce by half. Stir in the rest of the ingredients except the kidney beans. Reduce to medium low heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Add kidney beans and let simmer for another 5 min or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spinach Chicken with Cream Cheese and Mozarella

Heyyyy!!! I've been a busy bee, between work and school I barely have a life and for sure not very much time to cook. I usually try to ...